Physical therapy is the treatment of injury, disease and conditions that cause pain or inhibit normal physical function. Pacific THERx wants you to return to full function and daily activities free from pain. Our sucess is rooted in the specific attention our physical therapists pay to tissue regeneration, joint mobilization, theraputic exercise, sport-specific biomechanical analysis, and patient education. This comprehensive approach yields the exceptional results our clients have come to expect.
Wondering what to expect as a NEW PATIENT? Read more here.
What is Manual Therapy?Manual Therapy (MT) is an approach that utilizes diverse manual hands-on techniques to evaluate and treat orthopedic and neurological impairments. Orthopedic Manual Therapy (OMT) is a specialized area of physical therapy for the management of neuro-musculo-skeletal conditions.
What you can expect from Pacific THERx Manual Therapist?
- Expert clinical reasoning and accurate diagnostic skills
- Uses highly specific treatment approaches including manual techniques and therapeutic exercises
- Encompasses, and is driven by, the available scientific and clinical evidence
- Considers the biopsychosocial framework of each individual patient
OMT Specialty Makes the DifferenceWhile many physical therapist and clinics use the terms "manual therapy" and "manual techniques," very few are trained as OMTs. Our physical therapists are all Fellowship or Residency trained OMTs through the Ola Grimsby Institute of Manual Therapy. Pacific THERx founder, Lisa Green, our founder is an instructor the most prestigious manual therapy institutes and personally mentors all physical therapist in the practice to reach the level as OMT.
Our OMTs are expert diagnosticians and apply specific tissue and joint mobilizations to achieve targeted responses to improve your condition and achieve your goals! Expected outcomes include:
- Pain management
- Increased range of motion
- Reduced soft tissue inflammation
- Improved contractile and non-contractile tissue healing
- Improved mobility or stability
- Restoration of movement and function
Read more about our Approach to Treatment or learn more about our New Patient Process.