Benefits of the AlterG
- Normal neuromuscular recruitment for running/walking with less stress to joints.
- Strengthening with precise control of the load/resistance through more or less body weight.
- Continued/earlier cardiovascular fitness through injury that would otherwise be worsened with fully weighted running.
- Graded work outs that enable progressive re-loading of the body after common overuse injuries such as musculotendinous injury and bone stress reactions.
Anti-Gravity Treadmill Makes More Possible
- Progressive and earlier return from overuse injuries like patellofemoral pain, patellar and achilles tendinitis, and stress fractures/reactions.
- Weight reduction and control without excessive stress to the joints.
- Rehabilitation from recent surgery, including lower extremity arthroscopy and joint replacements.
- Continued safe running/walking with arthritic joints.
- Fitness programs for individuals with compressive low back pathology, as impact from running/walking translates up the kinetic chain through the foot/ankle, knee, hip and into the spine.
- Safe conditioning and strengthening for individuals with balance deficits. Gait/running technique correction with the assistance of 3 different camera views.
Learn more about the benefits of using the Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill - Contact the Pacific THERx Fitness Training Center.
Live or work in San Francisco? Visit GOTHERx Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine of San Francisco at 221 Bush Street. Free onsite parking! Call 415-813-1662 for an appointment or learn more about GOTHERx San Francisco.